January, a time for resolutions (or not)

Well, today after paying the bills, I resolve to spend less in 2012.  Not sure where I'm going to cut the budget... I can't cut my spending on fabric, books or yarn.  Maybe electricity or water.... you think?  Perhaps kid clothes.  Groceries?  Nah.

I resolve to eat more (vegetables), and to drink more (water) and to drink less (wine) and to be more organized (like I don't resolve to do that every year and we ALL know how THAT works out).  I resolve to be less (of a control freak) and more (of a relaxed person).  I resolve to not let the failure to follow any of these resolutions get me down, after all, I have the BEST of intentions.

I'm thinking of a scarf that is only a cable.  a BIIIIIIG cable and that's all.  How would I do that?  hmmmmm.  Gotta work on that one.

Just sent in the registrations for Sew and Stitchery EXPO in Puyallup.  We've got our room all booked and Phyl is coming from Kansas.  She must have had a good time last year, because she's coming back.  Evidently we didn't scare her as badly as I thought we might.  I have a couple of things I'm looking for up there (please refer to resolution #1).  I actually don't have too much that I want, and if I start thinking I do, I can just go up and stand in the middle of the pile that purports to be my studio and get over the buying feeling.

If there was an earthquake while I was in there, I would be suffocated under the piles of STUFF (fabric, yarn, patterns, books, thread.....).  Killed by my own excess.  Of course, if there is an apocalypse of some sort and I'm NOT in there, I will be SAVED because I will have supplies to create an entirely new life for my family because *I* will have enough fabric to sew (I have a treadle machine) and yarn to knit and fiber to spin FOREVER!!!!  So, I'll just keep dashing in and out of the studio... right? Picture post-apocalyptic me, sewing with my grandma's treadle Singer, dressed in fabrics dating from the '70's (that orange.....shudder), with my daughter and husband flogging my wares on the street corners to those too silly to stock up BEFORE the end of civilisation.  I'm ready!

I resolve to be ready.  That's IT!  The ultimate resolution!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Water Balloons for a Lockdown Summer

A KNITTING SEMINAR FOR ADULTS!

Patience is a Virtue