Designing a Valentine Hat

I had a thought (which is always a danger).  Ideas about what to do for an over-the-top Valentine Hat.  For starters, a Valentine hat pretty much has to be red and white, right?  (Come to find out, not so much)  I started with a typical 2/2 rib white hat with red hearts knit in.... bleh.  OUT it ripped!  I looked at the yarn, and I got EZ's book and tried to knit small hearts using her heart idea for the back of her heart hat.  I wanted  hearts about 1.5 to 2 inches across.  Didn't work, I got red blobs.  So, I sat and looked at the yarn for another day.
I was looking for a hat with style, not cutesy but whimsical.  Whimsy is my middle name, right? (those who know me are gagging)  I saw a gal in a hat that was knit in alternating bands of stockinette and reverse stockinette so it looked horizontally ribbed, but it was brown so it rather resembled a large cow pie.... I wanted more structure.
This is what I came up with:
And in Blue:

They are on etsy, and I just finished one that's red with white hearts.  Fingers crossed!
By the way, my sulky model was not best pleased that I made her stand in the rain in hats....oh well, such is the price of being my kid!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Water Balloons for a Lockdown Summer

A KNITTING SEMINAR FOR ADULTS!

Patience is a Virtue