Working my pointy fingers to the bone, sort of.

Well, I tried to make this a handmade Christmas.  Of course, having a 12 year old, handmade is a relative term.  Some things I just had to "make" with my American Express card.  My talents don't run to iPod accessories. 

I did make hats and scarves for  teachers, and some relatives.  I made penny rugs and gloves for some inlaws.  My mom got lots of dinner napkins.  In a fit of motivational fervor, I made a stadium blanket in some pretty dreadful college colors. 

In addition to that, I got myself up and running on etsy and sold more than I could possibly have imagined.  Lots of scarves and gloves and even a custom ordered hat!  I'm pretty excited about that, but it cut into my Christmas prep time.

I got all the Christmas cards out, I got all the Holiday baking done, I delivered the trays.  Everything was wrapped and under the tree with hours to spare.  The house (downstairs at least) was clean and tidy.  We don't talk about the upstairs...

When I laid the floor in the Family room in the summer, I got (apparently) some sort of tendonitis in my elbow and knitting aggravates it.  Doesn't stop me knitting, it just wakes me up at two in the morning.  Margo gives great massages, which help a lot and I am a devotee of Salonpas.  I figure that now I am not knitting every moment I am sitting down, I should be able to get rid of it.

In the midst of all of this, I have discovered that Bruce's car tags expired a week ago.  OOPS!  And the DEQ/DMV is closed until January 3rd. (%$&$^*)  I KNEW there was something I forgot. 

I have to be honest.  I'm ready to be done with 2011.  I'm looking forward to 2012, because potential is the most dangerous thing in my life!  (LOL)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Water Balloons for a Lockdown Summer

A KNITTING SEMINAR FOR ADULTS!

Patience is a Virtue