A mushroom hat

Okay, now I'm working on a baby hat shaped like a mushroom.  It's working out pretty cute!  Pictures when completed.

I'm using some of my "inherited yarn" to make circular ribbed shrugs.  I had this pattern that you sewed the seams..... bleh.  So.... in the interest of never leaving anything alone... I changed it.  (I should have that sentence permanently stored so I could just paste it in).  One provisional cast on and a reworking of the outer shawl edge and voila!  Seamless AND I can just knit fancy yarn until it's gone instead of having to split balls when I have an uneven nuber.  HAH!  Picture me smiling in a satified sort of way and buffing my nails on my shirt.

Both the mushroom hat and the shrugs will hit etsy.  I haven't sold anything, but I'm getting looks and that's fun too. Some day!

Speaking of fun, I'm gearing up for Knitting Club again this year.  I have at least 6 returning students and then space for some newbies.  Fourth through Eighth graders, mostly girls. People walk by the room and it sounds like a complete riot.  I explain, "Sometimes creativity can be very noisy.".  I love them and they really work hard (most of em).  they challenge me to come up with new patterns for them pretty much constantly.  I've got several who are ready for socks....!  We start on October 18th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Water Balloons for a Lockdown Summer

A KNITTING SEMINAR FOR ADULTS!

Patience is a Virtue