Sock Summit, a review

Before attending Sock Summit last week I perused my stash.  This was, in part, an effort to cool my enthusiasm for more yarn.  I found the large bag(s) with the wondrous yarns I bought at LAST Sock Summit languishing in my studio.  To my credit, they weren't ALL still there, but a heck of a lot of them were.

I managed to get away from Sock Summit with only five skeins of sock yarn.  I studiously avoided the $25.00 per bag bin and the "Giant bundles of incredibly cheap yarn for 50% off" booth.  Both were part of my downfall last time.

Best yarn name at Sock Summit?  Zombie Apocalypse  (last time it was Clown Barf)
Best New Thing:  A badge that said "I Knit Because I am Smarter Than You"

Not sure if it was me or not, but Sock Summit seemed smaller this year.  Maybe I was just wearing better shoes.  The right pair of shoes can change your life, just ask any fairytale princess.  I saw lots of cool stuff and will make a point to get there next time.  I just love to knit socks and I really LIKE people who knit socks.  It's fun being in an entire group of people who "GET" me!

When we sat down to lunch and I was giving my buddy the pattern for the lace on the socks I was kniting, the other people at the table were listening intently.  We then all pulled out our socks and compared notes.  Not one person all day said to me "Oh, you KNIT!  I'd like to learn, but I just don't have the patience."...  Those of you who know me personally know JUST what goes through my mind when I hear that.  (I am known as "She Who Does Not Suffer Fools Gladly", and I have NO patience, just ask my kid)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Water Balloons for a Lockdown Summer

A KNITTING SEMINAR FOR ADULTS!

Patience is a Virtue